PROGRAMME OF MONETY & FILA EXPO WARSAW
1. Club VARSAVIANA and Warsaw District of Polish Philatelists Union (PPU), in cooperation with the Council for Exhibitions will display the second degree National Philatelic Exhibition of single screen exhibits “VARSAVIANA 2016″, the theme of which is “On the way to Independence 1916-1918″. The exhibition is under the patronage of the President of the Executive Board of PPU Mr Henryk Monkos. The exhibition will include original letters of the Polish soldiers of General Haller’s Blue Army and soldiers fighting for Poland’s borders in 1918 – 1921. Some of the exhibits will be devoted to World War II and the fate of Polish troops fighting in the Polish II Corps under General Władysław Anders, as well as prisoners of war in stalags and oflags. On the second day of the fair, the winners of a competition for the most valuable single screen exhibits will be announced. The winners will be selected by a professional jury composed of experts in the field of philately. The official opening of the exhibition will be held on Friday at 10:15.
2. On Friday, September 2, at 14:00, an eminent philatelist, author of numerous publications, a judge and member of the PAF and a union activist – Mr Jacek Kosmala – will give a lecture on the formation of Haller’s Army (Blue Army) in France in 1917-1919.
4. Guests of this year’s Monety Expo Warsaw will have a unique opportunity to obtain or mint by themselves a commemorative medal at the Polish Numismatic Association’s stand. During the two days of the event you will be able to buy tokens and the minting will take place on Friday 02.09.2016 13:00 – 14:00 and on Saturday 03.09.2016 11:00 – 12:00
5. Polish Numismatic Association will present an exhibition of genuine banknotes from Austro-Hungarian Empire, Czechoslovakia, Germany and Poland from the early twentieth century with Art Nouveau motifs by prominent contemporary artists such as: Gustav Klimt, Koloman Moser, Heinrich Lefler, Alfons Mucha, Józef Mehoffer and Adam Półtawski. The exhibition will be open throughout the entire duration of the fair.
6. On Saturday, September 3, will be take place a lecture concerning the banknotes exhibition, held by a well-known popularizer of numismatic knowledge Mr Julius Bieniaś – author of numerous articles and publications about the money and its market functions. Mr Bieniaś is a licensed expert paper money and secured printing.
7. This year the stand of the Polish Post has been designed in shades of white and red, and its main theme will be the history of Poland and Polish Post. Guests will have the occasion to purchase not only products related to the memorable historical events and sport fields, but also postage stamps from the last major philatelic issues. Polish Post will present as well the issues devoted to such events as:
• World Youth Day
• Extraordinary Charity Jubilee
• NATO Summit in Warsaw in 2016
• Creation of the Anders Army
The offer includes also products from the issuance of common Polish Post with foreign postal operators, including Visegrad countries, Germany, Turkey and Vatican City. It will be possible to find stamps with more universal motifs as well, eg. popular among collectors floral and animal subjects. Specially for youngest guests Polish Post prepared a particular editions of stamps devoted to Polish animated films.
8. Professional Associations and Societies: The Polish Association of Philatelists, the Polish Numismatic Society, the Warsaw Numismatic Association and the Collectors´ Association of Historical Bond Certificates will take an important task during the fair. The experts will be available for the visitors with words and deeds, they will evaluate collections and give advises to many specialist topics.